Location: Eatontown, NJ
EPS Corporation is currently seeking a Technical Publication Writer to join our Information Management Solutions group in our Eatontown, NJ office. Duties Include:
- Authoring and updating Department of Defense technical manuals by collaborating with engineers and users
- Proofreading/Quality Assurance (QA) of Content
- Development of content in using XML authoring tools and in S1000D or military specification compliant format
- Development of content using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Interface with customers to understand and communicate requirements
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a technical writer of military technical manuals.
- Experience must include original writing of technical, engineering, or scientific material requiring an understanding of the basic concepts, practices, and specialized vocabulary of the US Department of Defense.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing engineering source data, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Technical Directives (TDs), Service Bulletins and being able to develop content for technical manuals.
- Candidate must possess the ability to describe the principles, operations, and basic concepts in clear simple language.
- Experience with S1000D and one or more of the following standards and specifications is required –MIL-STD-3001, MIL-STD-40051, ATA100/iSpec 2200.
- Candidate must have strong organizational, verbal, and written skills.
- Additional experience developing Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), SCORM compliant Interactive Courseware, Computer Based Training (CBT) or Online Help Systems is beneficial.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or Journalism with study in a subject matter field or combination of fields such as computer science, electronics, aircraft systems, etc., or the equivalent experience, i.e., any combination of undergraduate/graduate study/experience where two (2) years of experience in the required areas equal one (1) year of academic deficiency.
- US Citizenship required
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Occasional travel required
For immediate consideration candidates should send their resumes with salary requirement and reference number IMS-170615-TechWrtr to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 732-530-4726.
If you require accessibility assistance for open position please contact the Human Resources Department at HR@epscorp.com or call (732) 747-8277.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) / AA
Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled / LGBT are encouraged to apply
|Your application has been successfully submitted.|