ONE hour from Salina
7 PM to 7 AM Shifts
200 + bed hospital
Full benefits, competitive salary, relocation assistance and more
Ready to interview
Will consider new graduates
Position Summary: Registered Respiratory Therapist has these responsibilities: correctly uses Medi-tech and Bedside Medication Verification on a routine basis, works unassisted in critical care areas after check offs completed, able to perform all modes of therapy in all areas of hospital after clinical check offs completed, able to assess patients needs and suggest appropriate therapy needs, and acts as a mentor to students and new staff.
- Collects relevant information such as patient identification, procedure, appropriateness for indicated signs and symptoms, patient preparation, contraindications, patient assessment
- Maintains, evaluates, and improves the processes of analyzing information for patient safety.
- Provides patient education
- Follows policies and procedures to perform therapy and procedures accurately and to determine each achieves the same outcome when performed by different staff
- Evaluates the patient study in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner to determine if the intended outcome was achieved;uses independent judgment and systematic problem solving methods to perform quality therapy, pulmonary and diagnostic procedures;communicates to physician when patient condition requires modification
- Collects data to measure departmental objectives outcomes
- Documents required components of patient care
- Follows organizational and department goals and objectives
Job Type: Full-time