Being a Registered Dietitian at Golden LivingCenters means your expertise has a major impact on the health and wellbeing of our patients and residents. As our Registered Dietitian, you will plan, organize, develop and direct the clinical nutrition aspects of the Dietary Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that quality clinical nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and to provide input regarding its clean, safe, and sanitary operation. Your talent as a Registered Dietitian helps the Dietary Department at Golden LivingCenters provide quality, nutritious food on a daily basis. We know that a home-cooked meal makes everyone feel more at home. As a Registered Dietitian at Golden LivingCenters, you'll help all of our patients and residents feel at home every time they have a meal.
REGISTERED DIETITIAN ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Ensure preparation of menu items in compliance with OBRA and Title 22 regulations and with therapeutic diet orders. Ensure adequate food and supplies for resident and employee meals. Maintain recipes for all menu items. Writes 4-5 week select menu based on company menus and in compliance with applicable regulations
- Visit residents upon admission and routinely for the purpose of obtaining food preferences, determining nutritional needs, plan of care, and minimizing nutritional complications. Review therapeutic and regular diet plans and menus to assure they are in compliance with the physician's orders. Assist the Discharge Planning Coordinator in planning the dietary services portion of the residents'discharge plan
- Oversee Dietary Department, its programs and activities.
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of the facility (i.e., Infection Control, Budget, Quality Assessment and Assurance, etc.) as required, and as appointed by the Administrator. Chair the Weight Variance Team and resident review.
- Ensure a well-educated dietary services department through an effective orientation program and required in-services
REGISTERED DIETITIAN QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. Degree in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition.
- Must maintain active membership and licensure in the American Dietetics Association, State Dietetic Association and District Dietetic Association
- Must maintain active state license
- Previous experience as a professional dietitian in long-term care with some administrative responsibility is preferred.
- Must have a valid resident state drivers license.
- Must be a Registered Dietician
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
This position will be split between Golden Living Center-Golden Rule, Richmond and Muncie. Reimbursement for travel time and mileage from "home"facility.
- Golden Living Center - Golden Rule (Census: 60+) 2330 Straight Line Pike, Richmond, IN 47374
- Golden Living Center - Richmond (Census: 64) 1042 Oak Drive, Richmond, IN 47374
- Golden Living Center - Muncie (Census: 68) 2701 Lyn-Mar Drive, Muncie, IN 47304