As Receptionist, you will be the face and voice of Marsh &McLennan Agency New England (MMA) to clients, callers, visitors and vendors. In addition to representing MMA in a most professional and energetic manner, you will maintain office operations through a variety of tasks while pitching in to support the consulting practices with overflow of administrative needs. The ideal candidate comes with an out-going personality, team-oriented attitude and embraces helping others. The culture is professional and friendly and your efforts and positive energy in representing us as the first point of contact are extremely valued by the whole team here at Marsh &McLennan Agency! Our office environment is bustling and fast-paced, so you will have the opportunity to fill your day with a myriad of duties that will keep you engaged and challenged.
- Greeting visitors, insuring they feel welcomed;announce their arrival to appropriate parties
- Answering incoming calls that don’t go directly to individual extensions and then routing them properly.
- Monitor conference room scheduling and availability, as well as proper set-up pre-events/meetings and post-event clean-up/organization
- Oversee reception area, maintaining organized, professional appearance
- Monitor cubicle needs/use by employees visiting from other offices
- Organize daily mail-pick up, distribution, catalog checks, as well as managing outgoing overnight packages, courier, etc.
- Manage the ordering process of office supplies;maintain a neat &orderly supply room
- Manage the ordering process of beverages, snacks &cleaning products for the café
- Mentorship responsibilities for high school intern team
- Assist practices or departments with administrative duties, including but not limited to;
- Production: Responsible for mailings, client presentations and binding projects.
- Practices/Consultants: Administrative support for mailings and proposals, including vendor letters, etc.
- Mail Merges: Prepare mail merges for client and prospect communications
- Liaison with building management, security and maintenance personnel on requests, issues, inquiries
- Supervise parking validation, when necessary
- Must enjoy interacting with people and thrive in a fast paced team environment
- Strong Customer Service Orientation and Interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (includes Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook Email and Calendar functions
- Ability to prioritize and organize assigned tasks, completing projects under timelines, with accuracy
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply new skills in order to increase value to organization