Status: Non-exempt, Regular, “At-will”Work Status
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
· Standing 80%.
· Sitting 20%.
· Moderate noise levels from dental and other lab equipment.
· Medical, office, and lab setting.
· Minimum lifting requirements of 35 pounds in order to transfer equipment and pack and unpack supplies.
· Frequent bending, twisting, and position changes in order to examine and service patients.
· Exceptional hand eye coordination and control in order to use dental implements for exams, to provide dentist assistance, and mixing and/or placing materials on dental tools, products, and in mouths.
· Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction as this position is chair-side to dentist and heavily dependent on excellent customer interaction.
· Near Vision—the ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer) as required for mixing and placing materials on tools and in mouths.
Under direct and indirect supervision, the chair-side assistant will assist the Dentist, Dental Hygienist, and Dental Assistants in both administrative and clinical duties. Provide patient and practice support services;including, but not limited to, personal assistance, medical attention, and emotional support.
· Escort patients to work stations and answer any general questions or forward patient questions or concerns to dentist when necessary.
· Timely prepare treatment area by sterilizing, positioning, and delivering instruments for dentist’s access.