Urban Pet is looking for an experienced groomer with a passion for grooming. We take pride in our work and love our job and would love to add another groomer to our team with the same passion. Preferably at least 2 years experience and willingness to learn and grow. Please bring resume and pictures of work to the shop in person. This position is commision pay and independent contractor position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe pets appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
- Take charge of and handle pets;as required, restrain hard to control animals.
- Admit pets to be groomed noting owner’s specific instructions and pick up time.
- Perform grooming services, including clipping, hand scissoring, medicated and general cleansing, parasite control baths, pedicures, medicated dips and ear cleansing, as required for each pet.
- Provide care for animals;perform work according to established methods, report signs of illness, disease, injury or unusual activity to the manager.
- Perform all general maintenance of grooming room;clean cages, tubs, grooming tables, at least once daily;vacuum floor;mop floor weekly;empty trash;clean clipper blades, scissors and brushes after use;perform monthly dryer and clipper maintenance.
- Groom animals utilizing techniques which vary depending on type of hair, coat, breed and owner instructions;bathe and dry animals;perform pedicures and clean ears.
- Recommend retail products that would aid in home grooming care of pets, as required.
- Ability to recognize that teamwork is essential for a quality practice.
- Willingness to stay after hours or work extra hours when needed, especially during holidays.
- Display tact and diplomacy with staff members and clients.
- Apply knowledge and skills in controlling and/or handling individual animal temperament. Possess ability to gain animal confidence when restraining them for grooming.
- Knowledge of grooming practices for wide range of small animals, including hand-scissoring skills.
- Possess above average customer service skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract