Part Time Physical Therapist
PRN Home Health & Therapy
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
| 2 weeks ago 2019-6-32019-7-3|
We are a reputable family-owned company specializing in geriatric rehabilitation. We treat our patients with compassion and respect by taking the time to get to know the people we care for. We are looking for a Part Time Physical Therapist with experience in skilled nursing facility care to work within Edgewater Haven Nursing Home in Wisconsin Rapids, WI.
Responsibilities and Duties
Summary Statement: The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats patients in accordance with orders from the physician through the use of therapeutic procedures designed to address deficits in physical function and improve independence, safety and quality of life. The Physical Therapist ensures quality;efficient physical therapy is provided to patients by managing the delivery of care throughout the course of treatment and delegating appropriate components of care to the Physical Therapist's Assistant(s) under his/her supervision. The Physical Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of physical therapy.
- Respond to and initiate patient referrals
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on patient needs and containing achievable functional goals
- Document the course of treatment in a clear, concise manner, including a discharge summary utilizing the prescribed format
- Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide supervision while such staff is working with patients
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk during any procedure
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following discharge
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical competency
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical record audits, patient/referral sources, satisfaction surveys, safety activities, and regulatory requirements
- Assess Physical Therapy Assistants’competency on an annual basis per individual
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy curriculum
- Current license/certification in Wisconsin
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification
Email your resume today to apply: email@example.com
|Your application has been successfully submitted.|
To use Joba.co, you must be located in the United States, United Kingdom, or Canada.