The optician will analyze prescriptions to make recommendations that provide the highest quality vision care to our patients. Additionally, the optician fits, measures, and adjusts eyeglasses under the direct supervision of an optician or optometrist to exceed the patients’needs and expectations. Problem solves any difficulty a patient may experience regarding vision care.
Along with very competative salary Harris Opticians also provides their employees with Healthcare Reimbursement, 401(k) match, paid PTO, incentive and commission pay, along with generous eyeglass benefits.
- Demonstrates ability to establish positive patient rapport and build relationships to establish repeat customer-trends. Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate patient.
- Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits
- Give product recommendations to patients based on their vision needs and lifestyle, such as frame construction, lens material and lens coatings.
- Take necessary measurements (i.e. measuring the patient’s pupillary distance)
- Educate patient on the adaptation of new Rx’s and care of lenses.
- Instruct patients on how to use contact lenses by showing them how to clean the lenses, insert them, remove them easily and properly care for contact lenses.
- Set expectations re: delivery &turnaround times meeting the patients’needs. Must keep patient updated.
- Demonstrates success in a retail, office environment addressing a broad spectrum of customer requirements and preferences while maintaining an open office environment.
- Maximize sales by using the company’s customer service concept ensuring product pricing is accurate.
- Understand the company’s cost of goods and retail fee schedules.
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office. Clean and merchandise displays daily, displaying effective merchandise always.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with the proven ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Proficiency in utilization of automated equipment and systems standard to the optometry industry.
- Typical work schedule Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10-6 &Saturday 9-12:30
- Other duties, as assigned.
As Permitted By State Law
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, utilizing optical prescription.
- Dispenses quality product.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianary association as an optician with 2+ years retail optical experience. Contact lens dispensing a plus.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of insurance and POS systems
- Independent and self-motived
Harris Opticians is located in Clintonville and has ample free parking for their employees and customers.