Executes museum-wide maintenance, repair and minor construction program for facility equipment and components, to include but not limited to: HVAC building automation, HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, kitchen equipment, plumbing, electrical, and other equipment/components associated with the environmental systems and physical plant of the Museum’s facilities.
- Repairs, inspects, overhauls and performs scheduled maintenance of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems, refrigeration and food service equipment.
- Uses direct digital control (DDC) systems to monitor climate conditions in museum collection areas to ensure that environmental systems are functioning properly.
- Installs, replaces, adjusts, and calibrates major components of the HVAC systems such as compressors, condensers, expansion valves, service valves, thermostats, coils, steam generators, and drive assemblies.
- Checks, repairs and and/or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
- Initiates/makes repairs and/or adjustments to correct problems found during preventive maintenance inspections and through work requests.
- Inspects buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions. Makes recommendations to the Facilities Manager regarding improvements, replacement and upgrades.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians as directed by the Facilities Manager. Supervises outside contractors contracted by the Museum to perform preventive maintenance, repair, or installation of new equipment.
- Performs work on special projects as necessary to support the Museums’mission. Orders parts and supplies as required, maintaining stock and inventory control.
- Maintains accurate records/documentation on building systems equipment, environmental controls, and other physical plant operations. Updates facility plans and as-built drawings as required to maintain accuracy of the physical plant.
- Complies with safety and environmental procedures and all applicable codes and regulations of governmental agencies.
- Participates in the Facilities on-call rotation. Responds quickly to emergency situations.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read control drawings, wiring diagrams, blue prints, and psychometric charts.
- Strong understanding of micro processing controls and building management systems.
- Ability to use computers or other electronic tools for trouble shooting and servicing HVAC systems, including air balancing and refrigeration equipment.
- Familiarity with electronic work order and maintenance software.