HVAC And Senior HVAC Service Technician Job Description (*****$2500 Sign-On Bonus Available*******)
Founded in 1960 and headquartered in beautiful Fort Myers, FL. B and I Contractors, Inc. specializes in HVAC, Plumbing, Service, Electrical, Pipe-fitting and Welding, and Sheet Metal. We are an employee owned company that has earned a solid reputation for excellence. B and I Contractors, Inc. is among one of the elite Specialty Mechanical Contractor companies in Florida;capable of handling large, multifaceted projects and more.
Role Summary: Perform service , repair and maintenance of commercial air conditioning equipment including but not limited to air handlers, air cooled chillers, water cooled chillers, cooling towers, pumps, packaged rooftop, fans, boilers, and on board controls pertaining to equipment listed above
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubles shoot, service and repair as needed all types of mechanical equipment. This includes but not limited too accurate diagnostics of refrigeration and electronics circuits with the ability to repair and replace components as it pertains to HVAC and other mechanical equipment.
- Be able to clearly and professionally communicate to customers any issues that are discovered during maintenance procedures and or repairs that may be required.
- Be able to communicate to the office any additional work that may be required or will require a follow up proposal.
- Be able to give direction and oversee the actions of an apprentice if under your direct supervision.
- Have the ability to adjust schedules and project timing to best fit the needs of the company and our customers.
- Perform all of the required duties while adhering to the company safety policies and regulations.
- Overtime and being on call are a required.
- Keep yourself abreast of new technology as they emerge.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Have an in depth understanding of air conditioning, heating and HVAC systems. Must have a working knowledge of all types of air and water systems as well as their controls, These include but not limited to: VAV, Variable flow, closed loop heat pumps, VRF, Primary / secondary system. Make up air and dehumidification equipment.
- A two year (2) Technical College Degree or equivalent Trade School Diploma
- 2 years minimum service technician experience
- Be competent in the proper installation and service practices for duct systems, DX piping systems, chilled water piping systems, thermal storage systems and building automation systems.
- Pass entrance exam with 80% score or higher.
- Must be