Saint Louis, MO
|1 week ago 2019-2-62019-3-8|
Compensation: $50 - $200 a day - Part-time;Full-time
Why work at Bear Cuts?
"Unique set-up, eager-to-help owners, and highly flexible hours!"
Our hair salon is young, unique, and located at one of the top private universities in the nation. Our client roster is growing at such a rapid pace that we just can’t keep up with the demand. That’s where you fit in –you are an experienced hair stylist capable of working with all types of hair textures and ethnicities, who thrives on creating beautiful styles to complement the clients’attributes and loves interacting with others and providing exceptional service. If you are self-motivated, energetic, positive, goal-oriented and have a current cosmetology license, then we want to hear from you.
· Provide full salon services for both men and women, including hair cutting, shampooing, blow drying, bang-trims, coloring, styling and more.
· Able to provide hair care services for all ethnicities and hair textures.
· Maintain cleanliness of salon and your station.
· Keep on top of current hair cutting and styling trends.
· Help maintain an adequate inventory of hair products and tools.
· Provide for own supplies for specialized client services.
· Ensure clients with appointments receive service in a timely manner.
· Collect payments for salon services performed.
· High School diploma/GED required
· Current hair styling (cosmetology or barber’s) license
· 2+ years recent experience cutting and styling hair
· Experience working with different hair textures and ethnicities
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Friendly and professional demeanor
· Able and willing to work a flexible schedule
· Ability to commute to job location
· Must be able to pass a background check and complete phone screening after submitting an application via Indeed.com (see link)
About Bear Cuts:
Bear Cuts is Washington University in St. Louis's Premier Salon and Barbershop, conveniently located near 18 undergraduate residencies. We do all types of hair styling and grooming services including haircuts, shaves, blow-outs, bang-trims, coloring, styling, braiding, and more. We are a fully student-owned business operating with skilled stylists under the booth-renter model.
Location: Suite 155, Gregg Residential College, Shepley Drive, Saint Louis, MO USA
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
|Your application has been successfully submitted.|