Educational Requirements &Desired Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic/web design or equivalent certification
- Strong experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with QuarkXPress a plus
- Strong experience working with Mac OSX operating system
- Understanding of basic design principles, print layouts, web design and pre-press procedures
- Knowledge of pre-press, offset and digital printing processes
- A solid understanding of print and HTML production processes
- Knowledge of web design/coding and social media strategies a plus
- Creative thinker, able to design and illustrate new and exciting artwork on a regular basis
- Fast learner, who can take client and manager feedback and apply to design style
- An understanding of advertising and how to make an impact in the world of marketing through design and illustration
- Adaptable;able to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines while also demonstrating excellent follow-up, customer service skills and prioritizing workflow
- Wizard at multi-tasking and organization. Ability to manage concurrent projects and deliver on time
- Manage, schedule, traffic and refine all advertiser materials.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy including spelling, grammar and strong proofing skills.
- Provide production-related communication to clients and internal staff
- Ability to work in a sometimes high-pressure, deadline-driven environment while maintaining composure
- Commitment to delivering on time, even if it means staying a little longer to get a job done.
- Strong communicator. Ability to convey and share ideas and work within a team environment
- Proactive self-starter who takes initiative on projects and opportunities
- Strong desire to see tasks to completion and have pride in a job well done
- Positive outlook, professional demeanor and a diplomatic approach to client and internal communications
- Demonstrates excellence in professionalism, a high degree of integrity, and willingness/strength to do the right thing in difficult situations
- Willing to communicate and provide customer service via phone and in person, not just through email
Typical work hours: 8 am - 5 pm (Monday - Friday);other hours as needed for work completion close to press time. Comp time offered.
Activity: Sitting for long periods of time.
Physical Environment: Office environment
Travel Frequency: No travel requirements
Our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical and vision insurance
- Company-paid holidays
This post is intended to describe the