Staffing Strong is recruiting a Director of Engineering with a strong Operations background for a client in Phoenix, AZ. Our client is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies that delivers innovative solutions designed to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines.
The Director of Engineering will lead and direct the functions of the Engineering Department. Lead development projects through to the production phase, administer the allocation of assets, manpower, evaluating/monitoring costs and expenses. Lead and develop solutions integrating technical expertise, robust problem-solving methodologies and fostering a culture of innovation improving the performance of the site. Ensure compliance with customer/FAA requirements and company policies and procedures. Oversee, monitor, improve and document employee training and performance.
Director of Engineering Duties:
- Lead NPI, process/yield improvement and rework reduction projects to full production capability at the site
- Leadership role model in terms of professional behaviors and personal accountability.
- Adhere to and lead by example, all Company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Provide strategic planning leadership by setting project priorities for the site, based upon company goals, anticipated industry trends, and emerging technology.
- Engage with other Engineering site Directors within the region;leveraging best practices and assigned initiatives from the COPs
- Participates in technical discussions with key customers and related program office ensuring products/processes developed meet the needs of our customers
- Use Management Operating System tools to monitor site engineering productivity, quality and cost-effective work
- Partner with manufacturing operations at the site ensuring effective implementation of all projects
- Lead implementation of new products/processes into the operational environment that effectively drive improvements in business metrics.
- Coordinate manpower and other project requirements to ensure project completion within time and under budget
- Provide accurate reports/presentations to management pertaining to impact of all projects.
- Continually review and improve all engineering processes.
- Promote Operational Excellence through utilization of a robust problem-solving methodology, Lean and 6-sigma tools
- Maintain a clean, organized work environment by enforcing and supporting 5S principles.
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
- Ensure compliance with Company IPM/QPM and ISO-9000 quality requirements.
- Ensure management compliance with MOS Principals.
- Provide a leadership role, coaching and mentoring within the site, closing skills/knowledge gaps identified within the engineering team
- Be a trainer, mentor and coach to all members of the site engineering team.
- Communicate with all levels within the site and Engineering Organization to ensure alignment of actions as they relate to company goals.
- Performing other tasks in the facility, the region and the corporation;as needed.
- Traveling outside the facility, as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering discipline such as mechanical, metallurgical or aerospace
- Ten (10) years engineering related experience in the aerospace industry
- Minimum five (5) years experience managing an engineering department
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Subordinate supervisors and/or employee classification(s) Engineering Department personnel
- Technical background related to overhaul and repair of turbine engines.
- Knowledge of engine components and quality control
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Good computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Salary up to $130k DOE, plus bonus potential
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org