POSITION/TITLE: Division Controller
REPORTS TO: CEO
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA area
Manage all aspects of the division’s historical reporting, anticipatory budgeting and financial projections. Act as the conscience of the division among other things, involves fiduciary responsibilities, business process improvement and challenging the thinking/decisions of the entire management team. Lead senior management in compliance with company policies. Assist all departments with current and accurate information presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Controller has the fiduciary responsibility of overseeing the operating procedures and policies established by Corporate HQ.
- Report financial results in conformity with GAAP together with financial and accounting policies
- Strong computer skills (JD Edwards preferred and Excel)
- Responsible for the budgeting process, ensure all budgets input to the computerized accounting system reflect out contractual or estimated contractual liabilities at all times
- Preparation and reliability of all financial projections required by corporate management
- Primary responsibility for the successful implementation and management of divisional information systems applications
- Responsible for all banking activities and executed in accordance with policies and procedures issued by Corporate
- Perform in both the financial and operational segments of the business. To this end, the Controller will devote a minimum of 20% of his or her time in the operational arena, with at least half of this time in field visits
- Directly supervises two or more employees in the Accounting Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees;planning, assigning, and direct